Music City Drum and Bugle Corps is proud to help preserve the legacy of one of its former members with the creation of the Finis Sparkman Memorial Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to honor Finis’ love of music, his passion for the activity, the value he placed in education, and the enduring impact he made within the DCI community, while providing an opportunity for others to participate in the activity.
Funded entirely by private donations, the scholarship will pay all or part of the recipient’s corps membership fees and is open to all contracted members who reside in Middle Tennessee. One or more full and/or partial scholarships will be awarded annually based upon available funds and applicants’ demonstrated financial need.
Interested members who meet the qualifying criteria are encouraged to begin the application process as soon as possible to ensure all required documents are received by the January 31, 2018 deadline.
- Applicants may be first-time or returning members who have successfully auditioned and been offered a membership contract for the season for which the scholarship will apply.
- Applicants must reside within Davidson County, Tennessee, or one of its six surrounding counties: Cheatham, Robertson, Sumner, Wilson, Rutherford, and Williamson.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must demonstrate a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale from their most current high school or college.
- Applicants, while a member of Music City Drum Corps, must reflect attributes similar to those exemplified by Finis Sparkman: demonstrate outstanding musicianship, epitomize dedication, be a team player, and make a positive impact.
Learn more about the memorial scholarship at https://musiccitydrumcorps.org/memorial-scholarship/.
If you would like to contribute to the scholarship fund, you can do so by debit/credit card or personal check. Follow the Contribute button below to let us know you’d like to help.